Makitso Digital Warranty
Makitso® Limited Warranty
(Current Production Models. U.S.A. and Canada Only)
What the warranty covers:
Makitso warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, Makitso will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement Product or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. The replacement unit will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer’s original limited warranty. Makitso provides no warranty for any third-party software whether included with the product or installed by the customer, installation of any unauthorized hardware parts or components.
How long the warranty is effective:
Makitso LCD computer display products carry a Two (2)year limited warranty for parts, labor and LCD backlight. In order to receive warranty service, proof of purchase of the Makitso product is required. To obtain warranty service, please contact Makitso Customer Support.
Makitso LCD desktop display products are warranted with our LCD Pixel Performance Guarantee. Through this limited warranty, you are guaranteed high-quality screen performance with no more than a total of Two (2)improperly operating pixels and no more than two (2) bright or two (2) dark pixels.
Makitso LCD TV display products are warranted for one (1) year for parts, labor and LCD backlight.
Makitso PC products are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor.
Makitso Commercial Display products are warranted for Two (2)years from the date of first consumer purchase for parts and labor.
Makitso accessory products carry limited warranties. See the product page for additional detail by model.
All brand new Makitso products carry a thirty (30) day “Dead on Arrival” (“DOA”) warranty policy such that a new replacement unit will be provided if the Product is found to be non-operational within thirty (30) days of purchase and freight shall be covered both ways by Makitso.
All Makitso refurbished “B” grade products, ninety (90) day limited warranty on parts and labor.
All Makitso refurbished “C” grade products are sold “As Is” and carry a thirty (30) day DOA policy for direct buy customers only.
No warranty on AS-IS C-stock for end users.
- If the service location of the defective unit is over 40 miles outside a major metropolitan area. The customer will be responsible to ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center;
- If a defective unit is determined by the Makitso Technical Support staff to be a panel defect, or Makitso’s Technician is unable to resolve the problem on-site, a replacement unit will be dispatched from Makitso’s warehouse to customer’s ship-to location (front door deliveries only). It is customer’s responsibility to pack and ship/transport the covered Product to the designated repair center.
Who the warranty protects:
This warranty is valid only for the first consumer purchaser.
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Makitso.
- Damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting Makitso’s specifications.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Damage caused by static (non-moving) images displayed for lengthy periods of time (also referred to as image burn-in).
- Software - Any third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer.
- Hardware/Accessories/Parts/Components - Installation of any unauthorized hardware, accessories, consumable parts or components Damage to, or abuse of, the coating on the surface of the display through inappropriate cleaning as described in product User Guide.
- Removal, installation, and set-up service charges, including wall-mounting of product.
How to get service:
For information on obtaining warranty service, please contact your customer representative.
Your unit must have a Returned Material Authorization number (RMA#) assigned by our Support team.
Please be prepared to provide the below information when obtaining an RMA# for service:
- The serial number of the product.
- A copy of the dated sales slip.
- Your name.
- Email address
- Phone number.
- Your ship to address.
- A description of the problem you are experiencing
- Security access information (user name and Password) if service is for a mobile or wireless device in order to access the device and perform warranty service.
- You may ship the product prepaid in the original container, with the associated accessories, to Makitso or any Makitso authorized service center, referencing your RMA#.
- Makitso is not responsible for any returned product without an assigned RMA.
- Makitso is not responsible for any damages in transit by your shipper.
- Insurance of the returning product is recommended should you experience any transportation claim from the carrier you select.
For additional information or the name of the nearest Makitso service center, please contact us.
Makitso is not responsible for any returned product without an assigned RMA.
In the event Makitso determines there to be no fault or issue with the unit a $50 or 10% restocking fee (whichever is higher) will be applied.
Limitation of implied warranties:
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of damages:
MAKITSO’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT.
MAKITSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT,
DAMAGES BASED UPON INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE.
ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE CUSTOMER BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
Effect of local law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.